Effective Date: February 22, 2023 | Publishing Date: March 10, 2023
What does this policy cover?
What’s not covered in this policy?
Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies, like SPGateway, a credit card transaction service provider. Those companies have their own privacy policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
Categories of Personal Data Processed by APRC 2024
A. When you create accounts for conference registration and/or paper submission
When you create a conference registration account, we ask you to provide your personal data such as organization name and address, phone number, email, point of contact, passport number, copy of passport, and proof of identity, etc. to facilitate your registration for the conference.
Purposes and legal grounds:
- APRC 2024 processes your email address because you use your email address and your password to sign in to your account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on APRC 2024’s legitimate interest in protecting the security of your account.
- APRC 2024 also processes your email address for the purpose of sending you important information/reminder/notification about your registration, such as the reminder of important dates, pre-conference notification. The legal ground for processing your email address and name for these purposes is APRC 2024’s legitimate interest in providing you sufficient information and supporting you to complete the registration.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from any conference or event organized by APRC 2024 and affiliated or related organizations, APRC 2024 will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about the conference or event in question. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending email to email@example.com
- APRC 2024 also processes your email address to associate it with your registration account when you interact with our sponsorship/registration/abstract submission/logistics arrangement. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing useful advices.
B. When you pay the registration fee via APRC 2024 website
If you pay the registration fee on APRC 2024 website, then APRC 2024 will collect your name, mailing address and telephone number. We do not view or store your payment card information. A third party, SPGateway, processes client credit card information when APRC 2024’s delegates use a credit card to make a payment on a APRC 2024 website.
If you pay the registration fee or order by email with a credit card authorization form to APRC 2024, APRC 2024 will collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and credit card information.
Purposes and legal grounds:
We collect your name, mailing address and telephone number, credit card information so we can process your payment and complete your registration and transaction. The legal ground for processing your name, mailing address and telephone number, credit card information for these purposes is performance of a contract and a registration. We also process your personal data as part of our fraud detection processes. The legal ground for processing your personal data for that purpose is our legitimate interest in protecting APRC 2024 and our customers from attempts to engage in fraudulent transactions.
C. When you communicate with APRC 2024
When you interact with our sponsorship/registration/abstract submission/logistics arrangements via email, telephone, social media or in person, we collect personal data such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and organization name. To improve our service quality, subject to applicable laws, we may also record, review and analyze any feedback provided to us through voluntary customer surveys or emails. With your consent, our employees may contact you to reply your feedback.
Purposes and legal grounds:
- APRC 2024 uses this information to provide you with customer support and logistics arrangement to monitor the quality of customer services we provide to our delegates. The legal ground for processing this information for these purposes is APRC 2024’s legitimate interests in providing quality services.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from any conference or event organized by APRC 2024 and affiliated or related organizations, APRC 2024 will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about the conference or event in question. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
D. Device information
Devices are lots of things like:
- your computer
- your mobile devices like smartphone and tablet
- your voice-enabled device
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers.
This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- device ID
- app ID
- vendor ID
Your IP address and information about your device might be used to confirm your location. This is so that we can find out if you are accessing the services from inside or outside Taiwan, and to make your experience more relevant to where you live.
E. Cookies Policy
What are cookies
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on user’s computer or hard drive of computer, by the user’s web browser. With the cookies, it allows the website (and/or any third parties they work with) to recognize you and to work more efficiently. For more information about cookies, please visit: https://allaboutcookies.org/
Transferring Your Personal Data
A. Transfer within APRC2024
Transfers are made throughout APRC 2024, and also the conference secretariat, GIS Group (the Controller) and its subsidiaries to support its activities and/or services.
B. Transfer to third parties
To facilitate your registration for the conference, your personal data will be transferred to hotels, airlines, travel agencies, insurance companies, our business partners, ground transportation service companies, and so on. If you do not agree to this clause, please indicate expressly (in such case, we will not provide our services as above mentioned).
C. Transfer to other service providers
APRC 2024 uses cloud services from third parties to assist in sending emails. Those services track the activities associated with these emails, such as whether they were opened, whether links in the emails were clicked on. APRC 2024 uses this data to analyze the level of engagement with its emails.
D. Other disclosures
Retention of Personal Data
When you give us any personal information we’ll let you know how long we’ll hold it for. If we don’t say anything we stick to these principles:
- We only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about
- We think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any
- We design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
- We always think about the potential risk from anyone using or sharing this information without
You may request to delete your personal data after the conclusion of the conference by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Data Storage and Protection
Your personal data are stored in a cloud-based central database at a third-party provider’s location in Australia / Taipei and our local office and branch offices
We’re strongly committed to keeping you and your family’s information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind. We also have dedicated teams to look after your information security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that personal information has been put at risk, please get in touch straight away.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
Our data controller and data protection officer is located at 2F, No. 316, Wenchang Street, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan and can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to request from APRC 2024 access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, data portability, restriction of processing of your personal data, the right to object to processing of your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you reside in United States of America and/or in Taiwan; the former resident have the right under The American Data Privacy and Protection Act (ADPPA); the latter resident have the right under Taiwan’s data protection act, to request access, modify, or delete your personal data. Outside of the European Union/United States of America/Taiwan, you may have similar rights under your local laws.
Please refer to this link for detailed GDPR regulations:
Please refer to this link for detailed American Data Privacy and Protection Act regulations:
Please refer to this link for detailed Taiwan’s data protection act regulations:
Under certain conditions you also have the right to have your personal data that is stored by APRC 2024 blocked and deleted, unless APRC 2024 has to keep these data for legitimate business or legal purposes. For more information or request, you should contact the Data Protection Officer at